PORQUOI TALES: THE STORY OF LIGHTNING AND THUNDER
1. WHY DO THE PEOPLE LEAVE THE NORTH?
People leave the North because it snowed for a long time.
2. WHERE DO THE PEOPLE GO?
The people go to the south.
3. WHAT HAPPENS RIGHT AFTER BROTHER SAYS, "I BELIEVE YOU ARE RIGHT"?
He kicks his boot heels together and they float up into the sky.
4. HOW DOES THE FLINT THAT SISTER FINDS COME IN HANDY?
The flint comes in handy or is helpful because it helps make fire and shows her power to the stars.
5. WHY ARE SISTER AND BROTHER CALLED ORPHANS?
Brother and sister are called orphans because their families left, and they are alone.
6. WHAT IS BROTHER'S MAGICAL POWER?
Brother's magical power is that he can make the loudest sound on Earth with his boots.
7. THE TALE HAS SEVERAL IDIOMS, SUCH AS "A PRETTY KETTLE OF FISH." WHAT IS ANOTHER IDIOM USED IN THE TALE?
Another idiom used in this tale is "Like a knife through butter."
8. POURQUOI TALES EXPLAIN THINGS IN NATURE. WHAT DOES THIS TALE EXPLAIN?
This pourquoi tale explains why there is lightning and thunder and how it was created. Lightning and thunder are two things that occur in nature.
1. Example of a LEGEND (The Legend of the Bluebonnet)
2. Examples of MYTHS (Thor's Hammer and Perseus and Medusa)
3. Examples of FABLES (Man and the Fox, Wolf and the Goat)
4. Examples of FOLKTALES (Anansi the Spider and Coyote and Hen
5. Examples of a FAIRYTALES Bubba the Cowboy Prince and Yeh-Shen (Cinderella story))